Are you experienced in upholding and improving the corporate safety policy on board of vessels? And do you get energized of coaching and training teams and individuals in an international maritime industry?
If so, come and strengthen our SHEQ team!
What you can expect
A good SHEQ department is essential if we are to convey our safety policy to all our vessels and improve safety and environmental awareness on board. You have an important duty in this department: you support and advise the organization on safety awareness and on health, environmental and quality issues.
Your core assignment in this position is to develop and maintain the safety culture. You are a people person that loves to interact. With that you take initiative to continuously improve the safety culture which includes our manning agencies. Also, you contribute to safety on board our vessels by conducting audits, sharing knowledge, investigating incidents and advising the crew.
- You visit and sail on the vessels to conduct audits;
- You carry out safety culture assessments throughout the company;
- You answer questions about safety raised by the officers and crew on the vessels;
- You investigate and report on incidents;
- You give safety, environmental and quality training courses on board the vessels and in the office;
- You implement new and future regulations;
- You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in safety or equivalent;
- You have experience with safety culture programs (e.g. Hearts and Minds / NINA or equivalent)
- You have affinity with coaching and giving trainings;
- You are prepared to travel and to sail on our vessels;
- You are prepared to travel on average between the 30 and 40 days a year;
- You are accurate and you are a team player;
- You have a good verbal and written command of English;
- You have excellent communications skills;
- A nautical background will be an advantage.
- A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial character;
- A competitive salary;
- An employer financed pension scheme;
- 28 vacation days;
- A beautiful, readily accessible office in Rotterdam's shipping district;
- An informal and open culture.
Are you interested in the position of Safety Expert? Then we would like to meet you! Please send your CV and motivational letter to: email@example.com Might you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Marit Brunklaus, Corporate Recruiter: +31 (0)10 - 400 48 00.